Be active, make friends and have fun at GSAC PlayZone
Friday, 14 July 2017
The Goonellabah Sports & Aquatic Centre has opened up a whole new world for parents and children with the launch of the GSAC PlayZone.
The GSAC PlayZone provides endless development and growth opportunities as children play and learn with safe equipment in a stimulating setting.
The program is designed and structured with the main emphasis on fun and movement, and allows children to develop many essential physical attributes such as gross motor functions, fine motor functions, balance, strength, coordination and flexibility.
“All children benefit from being active every day. Physical activity keeps them fit and healthy and also benefits their social, emotional and intellectual development,” GSAC Gym Manager Roberta O’Brien said.
“There are so many reasons why this sort of play is beneficial to children. From a health perspective, it can improve muscle and bone development, coordination and movement, improve sleeping patterns and reduce the risk of unhealthy weight gain and diabetes.
“From a social perspective it encourages teamwork and leadership, and helps kids develop friendships. Emotionally, these types of play also increase confidence and happiness and improve self-esteem and the ability to manage anxiety and stress.”
GSAC PlayZone will offer both Toddler Play and Junior Play sessions:
- Suitable for children aged between 18 months to three years old.
- Parents/guardians are required to accompany their child during the Toddler Play classes, which provide a fun bonding and learning activity for both child and parent.
- Movement and music will help provide a fun, stimulating experience for the child and parent/guardian.
- Suitable for children aged three years to school-ready.
- Children from the Toddler Play class can progress to Junior Play once they are three years of age. Parents are not actively involved in the class but are required to be present.
- The emphasis is on having a fun and productive skill development.
GSAC Playzone offers casual classes for $12 with an extra sibling $10, or parents can purchase a 10-class pack upfront and receive one free session. Registration is $30 per family.
Session Times are as follows:
Toddler Play Monday from 9.45am to 10.30am.
Toddler Play Friday from 9.45am to 10.30am.
Junior Play Thursday from 4pm to 4.45pm.
Friday, 14 July 2017
Are you over 50? Would you love to increase your fitness, strength, confidence, coordination and mood? Maybe make some new friends at the same time?> Read More
Friday, 30 June 2017
Blue Thunder Waterslide and Giant Inflatable now available at GSAC over winter> Read More
Sunday, 25 June 2017
GSAC will be hosting two of the 10th Lismore Masters Games Events during the upcoming biennial challenge this September.> Read More
Thursday, 18 August 2016
SWITCH 24-hour gym is now offering a free 7-day pass for anyone who has not experienced SWITCH before.> Read More
Wednesday, 03 August 2016
SWITCH 24-hour gym is now partnering with local businesses to give members great discounts and drive new business.> Read More