Lismore Osteopathy can help engage your body's inherent healing qualities
The aim of a treatment at Lismore Osteopathy is to return your body to its own ‘normal’ to allow the inherent healing mechanisms to function at optimal levels.
In order to achieve this, hands-on treatment will be performed. A treatment may involve a combination of direct, strong techniques or more gentle techniques depending on the most appropriate course of action for the individual. A thorough examination will be performed from a global perspective before narrowing in to your specific issues.
The treatment may involve a combination of treatments (listed below) suited to your individual needs:
- Full Body Screen – a global examination of your body, centring in on the areas in question.
- Muscle Energy Techniques (MET) – patient-assisted techniques using muscle contractions to increase joint range of motion and alignment.
- Inhibition – a direct pressure applied to a specific area of soft tissue to release and relax that tissue.
- Positional Release – positioning of specific muscles in a relaxed position allowing a release for inflamed or injured joints.
- Myofascial Release – to release fascial restrictions.
- Balanced Tension – to balance the tension in soft tissues throughout the body.
- OCF (Osteopathy in the Cranial Field) – techniques used to balance the inherent movement within the central nervous system.
- Osteopathic Soft Tissue Techniques – to increase body temperature and blood flow and relax muscles.
- Manipulation – commonly referred to as ‘cracking of joints’. A force is applied at a high velocity to open up restricted joints with the ‘popping’ noise being a release of air within the joint.
Exercise Prescription – self-maintenance is part of the treatment plan to allow you to return to your ‘normal’ as quickly as possible.
Contact Lismore Osteopathy
Phone: 0412 265 315