We have spaces and rooms to hire for your next meeting, conference or event
The Goonellabah Sports & Aquatic Centre and the Lismore Memorial Baths have several spaces available to hire for meetings, presentations, events, expos, school excursions and much more. We also have equipment for hire including a PA system, projector, and tables and chairs as required.
If you would like to see the spaces available, please phone us on 6625 5370 and we can show you around, or to book a space, simple complete our Facility Hire Booking Form.
When completing this form only complete the appropriate sections for your particular booking and disregard any sections that do not apply to you. Please email Bryce Keniry at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 6625 5370.
Facility Hire Terms and Conditions
When booking a space for hire, you will be required to sign an Agreement to Hire and will be subject to the terms and conditions found on the Facility Booking form (attached above). We have also outlined them below ...
- User Groups and/or hirers are not permitted to sublet any Lismore City Council facilities to other user groups unless approved by council.
- General and normal cleaning is included in the space hire charges. The client may incur additional charges where an event has created cleaning requirements which are considered to be over and above ‘normal’ cleaning, as deemed appropriate by GSAC event supervising staff and/or centre management.
- In considerations of the high standards of GSAC, patrons are to be appropriately attired to suit the event and demographic. Otherwise neat casual clothes are deemed appropriate.
- Lismore City Council has a “No Smoking Policy”, under the Smoke Environment Act 2000, on all Council grounds whereby smoking is not permitted at the centre, including all buildings and grounds. It is the responsibility of the user group to ensure that all patrons attending their event abide by this regulation. Penalties may apply.
- Guests are permitted to park inside the centre grounds in the car park facility adjacent to the centre, entry via Oliver Avenue or Simeoni Drive. During the weekend, any events that may require additional parking can do so at the Council Chambers at 43 Oliver Avenue, Goonellabah.
- Under NSW Child Protection Legislation, all user groups and/or hirers who provide services to children and wish to hire any GSAC facilities must have appropriate Child Protection policies and procedures in place, including a ‘Working with Children Check’ with evidence provided upon booking.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in those areas approved by Centre Management and in accordance with all state regulations. Appropriate permits will be required to be applied for depending on the nature of the event, any cost incurred in doing so is the sole responsibility of the user group/hirer. In accordance with the Responsible Service of Alcohol, GSAC staff will refuse the service of alcohol to any guest deemed to be intoxicated or under the age of eighteen (18) years.
- Due to our licenses, all music and entertainment will remain indoors and cease by 11pm.
- On any occasion that centre property and/or equipment is damaged or stolen due to the actions of the user group and/or hirer and its guests, such costs associated with repairing or replacing the property and/or equipment will be the responsibility of the hirer.
- Whilst all due care is taken when handling the property of the organisers, no responsibility will be accepted by GSAC in relation to damage to, or loss of, property before, during, and after a function.
- All bookings must be made by a persons over the age of 18, proof of age may be required.
- Prior to the commencement of the booking, the nominated person in charge is to attend a site induction with a GSAC staff member.
- Booking dates and times are to be strictly adhered to.
- GSAC reserves the right to accept or deny any application prior to or after submission of the Facility Booking Form.
- If the user group wishes to update or change a booking they must give notice within a time-frame that would be so far as deemed reasonably practical.
- Once both parties have signed the Facility Booking Form and the booking fee is paid, the booking is deemed confirmed.
- After the Facility Booking Form is received, a tentative booking is made and can be held for up to fourteen (14) days. If after that time the event is not confirmed GSAC may cancel the booking request without further notice.
- GSAC may, at its absolute discretion, cancel all or part of this agreement to hire by giving the hirer at least ten (10) working days’ notice in writing. The hirer acknowledges this right and agrees to irrevocably waive all rights to pursue any claim it may otherwise have in respect of any such cancellation.
- Notice of cancellation must be given in writing at least thirty (30) days prior to the booking date.
- Booking numbers/total number of people attending are to be provided at the time of booking on the Facility Booking Form. Final numbers are required at least 48hrs prior to the commencement of the event.
- The charges for use of the centre will be agreed upon as per the selected space to hire. The centre reserves the right to increase or change prices without notice.
- Booking fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Upon booking confirmation, payment is required to be paid by cash, eft/credit, or cheque at least seven (7) working days before the event. However, if the total exceeds $200 and the hirer is an existing Lismore City Council debtor, an invoice can be generated upon mutual agreement. All invoices need to be paid within fourteen (14) days. In the event that an invoice is not paid within this time a further 25% penalty will be added to the invoice and must be paid within seven (7) days.
- If cancellation of the booking is made at least thirty (30) days before the event date and in writing, any deposit made is refundable. If cancellation is received within the minimum notice period of cancellation, the deposit will be forfeited.
- Where the size or nature of the event warrants it, GSAC may require the lodgement of a holding bond which is to be 10% of the total booking fee to be banked in to a “holding account” prior to the event. Subject to satisfactory completion of the event, without any damage or incident, the bond will be fully refunded with 3 working days of the completion of the event.
- The user group and/or hirer is responsible for ensuring the event or booking is conducted in a safe manner.
- The user group and/or hirer is responsible for ensuring they are aware of and follow the evacuation procedure of the facility, and in doing so follow any directions given to them during an evacuation by the Area or Chief Fire Warden.
- All fire exits must be kept clear at all times.
- User groups and/or hirers are aware and understand the Work Health and Safety requirements of their event and the space they’re hiring and immediately report any accident/incident, or near-miss to the Duty Manager or GSAC Booking Supervisor, and understand that an incident form will be completed either manually or electronically.
- It is the responsibility of user groups and/or hirers to have all appliances and electrical cords used in GSAC facilities tested and tagged in accordance with current Australian standards and regulatory requirements.
- User groups and/or hirers are responsible for crowd control and direct supervision of all groups and participants at all times whilst at the facility.