Pool and creche re-open Monday, Aqua classes resume
Friday, 19 June 2020
Lismore City Council is pleased to announce that the indoor pool, Aqua classes and the creche at the Goonellabah Sports & Aquatic Centre will reopen on Monday, June 22.
“This is great news for the community who have been waiting for the pool to re-open after it was closed due to COVID-19 restrictions,” Lismore City Mayor Isaac Smith said.
“Staff have been working hard to put all necessary procedures in place to ensure we could re-open this very popular facility as soon as possible.”
Due to ongoing COVID-19 procedures to protect the safety of visitors and staff, the number of participants in GSAC’s Aqua classes will be capped at 20 until further notice.
The number of children using the Creche will also be capped at 20. To ensure a space, we recommend making a booking.
Learn to Swim will recommence soon with a start date to be advised. The café will remain closed at this stage.
For the safety of users and our staff, we ask all visitors to follow safety protocols:
- All members must wash their hands prior to and after their visit
- Patrons must bring their own drink bottle/water as the water coolers will remain closed. Water is available for purchase
- Toilets and change rooms will be accessible, however, social distancing applies with every second shower remaining closed. Saunas will also remain closed
- All members must maintain correct social distancing of 1.5m when in the Centre
- We prefer cashless transactions
- If any member is unwell with flu like symptoms (cough, runny nose or fever) we ask that you stay home
The interim opening hours at this stage are:
- Monday to Friday: 6am to 7pm
- Saturday 8am to 1pm
- Creche hours are Monday to Friday: 9am to 11.45am
- Saturday: 8am to 11.15am
A new Group Fitness Timetable will be in place from Monday, 22 August to include Aqua. Swimfit Group Fitness Classes will recommence Term 3 – Monday, July 20.
Thursday, 11 June 2020> Read More
Monday, 23 March 2020
Lismore City Council has created a special webpage to keep residents updated on changes to Council services and facilities throughout the COVID-19 pandemic as well as providing advice on support available to residents and businesses.> Read More
Saturday, 21 March 2020
Lismore City Council urges everyone in our community to please follow all advice from the Federal Government and NSW Government in regards to healthy hygiene practices and social distancing.> Read More
Thursday, 26 September 2019
Join Futsal for a fast-paced and exciting sporting experience.> Read More
Thursday, 26 September 2019
Dance classes are now available with the North Coast Dance Academy.> Read More
Tuesday, 16 July 2019
SWITCH 24-hour gym offers a free 7-day pass for anyone who has not experienced SWITCH before.> Read More